Meringue Powder from CK PRODUCTS is perfect for making cookie icings, frostings, meringue shells and more!
Instructions for Meringue Powder
- Royal Icing (Dry Hard Icing): Into ½ cup cold water, beat ¼ cup meringue powder until firm peaks form. Scrape the sides of the bowl and completely mix the water and meringue before slowly adding the powdered sugar. Gradually add 4 cups sifted confectioners sugar until desired consistency. Add more powdered sugar for stiffer icing. To keep icing soft, add 3 drops glycerin. A stand mixer provides the best results.
- Buttercream Icing (Creamy Soft Icing): Dissolve ¾ cup of granular sugar in ½ cup boiling water. Cool and add ¼ cup of meringue powder and beat to peak. Stir in 1 pound sifted confectioner’s sugar and beat until mixed well: Mix in 2 to 2½ cups white vegetable shortening.
- Boiled Icing: Dissolve and boil at high heat (240º), 2 cups granular sugar in ¾ cups water, ¼ cup corn syrup and small pinch salt. Dissolve and whip ⅜ cup (6 TBLS) meringue powder in one cup cold water: add 1 cup granular sugar while beating meringue mix: slowly add boiled syrup. Then whip at high speed until cool.
- Meringue Cookies: Dissolve ¾ cup granular sugar in ½ cup boiling water, cool. Add ¼ cup meringue powder and beat into high peaks, fold in a teaspoon of vanilla after the meringue is at a stiff peak stage. Place in large decorating bag. Pipe onto parchment lined baking sheets. Bake 40-45 minutes at 250 degrees until set and lightly browned. Store in cool, dry place in an airtight container for 4-5 days.
- Meringue Topping (For Meringue Shells, Pie Toppings): Dissolve ¾ cup granular sugar in ½ cup boiling water, cool. Add ¼ cup meringue powder and beat into high peaks.
- Hints: Keep utensils grease free. Icings may be refrigerated in airtight containers, beat again before using. Cover bowl and tube ends with damp cloth. Try meringue powder in cookies, drinks, desserts and other recipes where a light frothy consistency is desired. Flavor and color to suit.
Shelf Life: 18 months if kept in cool dry area
Note: This product is prepared and packaged using machines that may come into contact with wheat/gluten, eggs, dairy or dairy products, soy, tree nuts.
NFD does not offer refunds on items. We take great pride in our designs, custom confectionery pieces and limited confectionery supply items. If you need color help, feel free to contact us before buying to get more pictures / videos, as we can not take returns because you did not like the color you selected. Please note, if you would like to test a product or color, come into the St. Louis Studio and try a product before buying. In the event of a special circumstance, please contact us so that we can resolve any problems with your order.
Please read our full Shipping & Return Policy Here.
Please note that sugar art items only ship AFTER they are produced. Since some items are custom, with different amounts of time needed to create based on the product, order size and current workload. Please read our full Shipping & Return Policy Here.
Never Forgotten Designs is located in St. Louis, MO and therefore is central for most shipping locations. Most small orders ship for $4.25 Flat Rate. USPS is NOT Guaranteed Service unless you pay for EXPRESS. Please read our full Shipping & Return Policy Here.
In stock items ship out within 24-48 business hours. If you have purchased an item out of stock, we will contact you to offer a refund, hold order till new shipment arrives or alternative product. Please understand because we have a retail store, inventory may sell out quickly. Please read our full Shipping & Return Policy Here.
Sizing Information for specific prodcuts can be found on the product description. For help sizing your edible creations, here are some useful links from NFD.